Emergency Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
Emergency settings are experiencing an increase in patient volumes and a shortage of emergency physicians fueling an urgent demand for highly qualified emergency nurse practitioners (ENP). The specialty role of the ENP is unique; requiring specialized knowledge and advanced clinical procedural competencies. Nationally, 12 academic ENP programs exist indicating a gap in specialty preparation and education. The gap is most evident in rural settings, primarily employing family nurse practitioners (FNP) that rely upon on-the-job education.
Emergency nurse practitioners (ENP’s) are specialty licensed providers who oversee care of patients in the ambulatory, urgent, and emergent care settings (AAENP, 2016). The role of the ENP requires specialized knowledge and advanced clinical procedural competencies. Emergency nurse practitioner academic programs and postgraduate ENP fellowships offer NPs additional didactic and procedural preparation of established core competencies for specialized emergency medicine (Emergency Nurses Association (ENA, 2008).
The comprehensive 18 month emergency nurse practitioner fellowship provides licensed advance practice providers the opportunity to acquire further skill, knowledge, experience, and professional behaviors needed to deliver high quality care in the emergency setting while meeting competency standards outlined by the American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners.
To improve the health of the communities we serve through postgraduate education and clinical experience of advance practice providers.
To be the regional advanced practice postgraduate fellowship program of choice educating highly qualified advanced practice providers in the emergency setting.
- Further confidence and competence of advanced practice provider fellow in the emergency setting.
- Increase availability of highly qualified and board certified emergency nurse practitioners in the communities we serve.
- Provide high quality patient care in the emergency setting.
MRHC’s Emergency Nurse Practitioner Fellowship was developed by a team of front line providers including board certified emergency nurse practitioners and physicians. The program includes didactic education, simulation, journal club and direct patient care. Fellows will engage in interprofessional education to promote future collaborations. Upon completion of the fellowship program, the nurse practitioner will be eligible to sit for the Emergency Nurse Practitioner board certification examination offered by AANP-CB.
Program Length: 18 months
- A graduate of an accredited NP program who has earned either a Master of Science in Nursing or a Doctor of Nursing Practice. The educational program should be accredited by CCNE or ACEN.
- Board certified by ANCC or AANP and license eligible as an advance practice nurse in the state in which the program is located by a date determined by the program in accordance with the planned program curriculum.
- Equal opportunity for qualified candidates
- Competitive Fellowship Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term Disability
- Short term Disability
- Paid time off
Applications for the Emergency Nurse Practitioner Fellowship are now open. To apply, visit the below link. Application for consideration will close on Wednesday, July 31st.
Amanda Comer, DNP, FNP, ACNP, ENP-BC
Director, Emergency Nurse Practitioner Fellowship
(662) 293 – 7488