Magnolia Regional Health Center Visitation Guidelines
Welcome to Magnolia Regional Health Center. We are honored that your loved one has chosen MRHC as his or her healthcare provider. Our goal is to provide very good care to our patients and guests. During your visit to MRHC, please remember that creating a healing environment for your loved one is our priority. Because we care about our patients and guests, we are providing you with the following information and guidelines.
- Please wash your hands before and after entering a patient room.
- If you have recently been sick, please do not visit unless absolutely necessary and ask the nurse at the desk for a mask.
- We are a tobacco free facility. NO TOBACCO USE IS PERMITTED ON OUR CAMPUS. This includes, smoke-less tobacco, as well as cigars and cigarettes.
- Only one overnight visitor may stay in a patient room.
- Visitors are required to be appropriately dressed at all times, including shirts and shoes.
- Do not wear strong perfumes and lotions.
- Pets are not permitted in patient rooms, with the exception of Service Animals.
- Please share any information that you consider important in providing care to your loved one.
- Speak Up if you (1) have questions or concerns; (2) notice significant changes in the medical condition of you or your loved one; (3) do not understand the explanation given to you.
- Chaplains are available to any patient upon request.
- Interpreters are available to any non-English speaking patients upon request.
- Be aware of the quiet hour for the floor you are visiting and be respectful.
- Leave your valuables or personal items such as money, jewelry, and electronic devices at home. The hospital will not be responsible for visitor’s valuables.
- Local phone calls are unlimited from the bedside phone in patient rooms. Any long distance calls must be made collect, charged to a calling card or charged to a third party number.
Special guidelines for MICU & SICU
- Only two guests at a time should visit in these areas during approved visiting hours. However, visitors may swap outside the unit in order to allow for others to see the patient. See below visitng hours schedule for details.
- Each patient has the right to have a family member, friend, or other designated person present for emotional support during their stay unless this person infringes on other’s right, safety, or is medically or therapeutically contraindicated.
- No flowers, plants, personal clothing, blankets, pillows or linens from home should be taken into the patient rooms.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be present in the intensive care waiting areas.
- If you choose to visit after 9:00 p.m., you will need to enter through the Emergency Department doors and register with security.
- Intensive Care Visiting Hours:
- 6:00am - 6:30 am
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- 8:30 pm – 9:00 pm
For Cafeteria Hours please view our Food & Nutrition Services page
- Please help to keep our waiting areas and patient rooms neat by placing trash in the garbage cans.
- Guest Trays are available for a nominal fee, please call ext. 1134 for ordering assistance.
- Please remember full meals are not served in our intensive care units, therefore visitors should eat meals outside unit.
Vending machines are located throughout the hospital in the SICU Waiting Area, cafeteria, Emergency Department, and basement level Medical Office Building.
To Reach Security: Dial 293-1600 | Operator: Dial 293-1000
For additional contact information please view our phone directory.