Magnolia Regional Health Center Visitation Guidelines
Welcome to Magnolia Regional Health Center. We are honored that your loved one has chosen MRHC as his or her healthcare provider. Our goal is to provide very good care to our patients and guests. During your visit to MRHC, please remember that creating a healing environment for your loved one is our priority. Because we care about our patients and guests, we are providing you with the following information and guidelines.
- Hand washing is vital for protecting you and your loved one. Please wash your hands before and after entering a patient room.
- If you have had a recent sickness (including, but not limited to: flu like symptoms, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, cold, sore throat, etc.), please do not visit unless absolutely necessary. If you are sick please ask the nurse at the desk for a mask.
- We are a tobacco free facility. This includes, smoke-less tobacco, as well as cigars and cigarettes. Please respect the health of others and refrain from using these products anywhere on our campus.
- Only one overnight visitor should stay in a patient room. These visitors should be aware that many tests, treatments, and services, start in the early morning hours.
- Visitors should dress appropriately, wearing shoes and shirts at all times.
- Please be sensitive to strong perfumes and lotions. Several of our patients have breathing problems, and this can be harmful to their health.
- Generally pets are not permitted in patient rooms, except in special cases.
- It is our desire to have you actively involved in your family or friends healing process. If you have information that you consider important in providing care to them, we ask that you please share it with us.
- Speak Up if you have questions or concerns. Speak Up if you notice significant changes in the medical condition of you or your loved one. If you still do not understand, ask again. This is about improving the health of you or your loved one.
- Chaplains are available to any patient upon request.
- Interpreters are available to any non-English speaking patients upon request.
- Our hospital has designated quiet times for all floors, please be aware of the quiet hour for the floor you are visiting and participate respectfully.
- The hospital cannot be responsible for visitor’s valuables or personal items such as money, jewelry, and electronic devices. We ask that you leave your valuable items at home.
- You can make an unlimited number of local calls from the bedside telephone. Calls beyond local areas, including long distance calls, must be made collect, charged to a calling card or charged to a third party number.
Special guidelines for MICU & SICU
- Only two guests at a time should visit in these areas. However, visitors may swap outside the unit in order to allow for others to see the patient.
- Each patient has the right to have a family member, friend, or other designated person present for emotional support during their stay unless this person infringes on other’s right, safety, or is medically or therapeutically contraindicated.
- No flowers, plants, personal clothing, blankets, pillows or linens from home should be taken into the patient rooms.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be present in the intensive care waiting areas.
- If you choose to visit after 9:00 p.m., you will need to enter through the Emergency Department doors and register with security.
- Intensive Care Visiting Hours:
- 6:00am - 6:30 am
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- 8:30 pm – 9:00 pm
The Grill (In Cafeteria)
- Please help to keep our waiting areas and patient rooms neat by placing trash in the garbage cans.
- Guest Trays are available for a nominal fee, please call ext. 1134 for ordering assistance.
- Please remember full meals are not served in our intensive care units, therefore visitors should eat meals outside unit.
Vending machines are located throughout the hospital in the SICU Waiting Area, cafeteria, Emergency Department, and basement level Medical Office Building.
To Reach Security: Dial 293-1600 | Operator: Dial 293-1000
For additional contact information please view our phone directory.