PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: Application Information
Application to the program requires a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, pharmacy school transcript, and three letters of recommendation. Applicants must first register for the National Matching Service, then apply to MRHC’s program via PhORCAS. An on-site interview is required.
All application components must be completed in PhORCAS by January 4, 2020. Applications with any late components will not be considered.
Acceptance into the residency program will be on a competitive basis using a formal application process to maximize the quality of the resident(s) ultimately chosen. Program criteria for the selection of residents include:
- The applicant is or will be a graduate of a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education and will possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree by July 1st of the residency year for which they re applying.
- The applicant must be eligible for pharmacist licensure in the State of Mississippi.
- The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
- Satisfactory academic performance and involvement in school/professional organizations and extracurricular/community activities
- Personality characteristics required of a pharmacy resident, such as emotional maturity, independence, motivation, adaptability, and strong interpersonal skills.
Invitations to interview will be sent by late January. Onsite interviews must be completed by the end of February. Unfortunately, it is not possible to interview all applicants.
If you are committed to the care of patients and interested in growing, learning, and being part of an exceptional pharmacy team, we invite you to apply to our pharmacy residency program!
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact:
Raymond Mathis, Pharm.D., MBA
Residency Program Director
Magnolia Regional Health Center, Pharmacy Residency Program, 611 Alcorn Drive, Corinth, MS, 38834